Enna street is at the back of the Templete, being its length of some ten meters, what makes it the smallest street in Cuba.
The arrangement of the Havana streets was signed by the gradual process of the city’s growth, starting from its epicentre, in the surroundings of the Arm’s Square.
Cuba Street, that also could be called The Street of the Churches
Amargura was the street of the processions and the religious retirement in the XVIII century.
The area where the Plaza de la Catedral is located used to be, according to 17th century records, a marshland renewed each year during the rainy season. At the place where the plaza was created, and due to its surface’s properties, the waters became stagnant, so that the place was known at the beginning as Plaza de la Ciénaga (Swamp Square).
Parallel with Empedrado street, had a single house roofed with tiles during many years of the XVII century, for what was know this way.
Muralla was one of the first ways of Havana, which was denominated in its beginnings as Real Street.
Compostela street, named in honor to the Bishop Diego Evelino de Compostela , has its beginning at the foot of the atrium of the Santo Angel Custodio Church, a splendid construction crowed by beautiful Gothic domes.
It was denominated this way, for being the first street of the village that was paved with smooth round stones, in the first half of the XVII century
Called by the beautiful mansion lifted in 1665 at the corner with Mercaderes